Trials and tribulations - grin and bear it

hey all!
I haven't written in a while, but still enjoying myself!!!
There were two problems one is resolved now.
One was money, for some odd reason my card didn't work in the visa machine!!(While everyone else's did) I blame Kiwi bank!!! But I could get money out manually which took about ten minutes and was much more trust worthy! So thats all good, I am now loaded:p
Another annoying thing is contact back home , my family have been able to ring me fine up until last week , they can text me but they can't ring me because my number apparently doesn't exist, however everyone of the other volunteers have recieved phone calls from all over the globe such as England , Taiwan and Canada. I blame Telecom! haha its all New Zea lands fault, and definitely not Rwandas!!(hahaha)So hopefully it will resolve itself!(or else I will have to spend a lot of money to contact my family!!)
So what have I been up to ?
Welll... loads of exciting things like I went to an amazing Rwandese art gallery, I have learnt many new phrases including Murabesha (you are lying), which has proved helpful when teasing the boys at the orphanage about their girlfriends, we also went out to Ethiopian for dinner , which was interesting as it involved eating with your hands, which is cool as I have plenty of experience doing that as my family will well know, it wasn't quite my thing ; extremely spicy!!! I also went to this really cool hiv/aids project where women with hiv/aids make bags and they are really cool!! So I bought some presents there and something for myself of course! I also went to the crafts market, which is an experience in itself, went to church which was... interesting !! Somehow I managed to get my self roped into teaching English to children at night... which I am not really looking forward to because I am convinced I am a useless teacher!!!
I love the children more and more everyday, when I leave I miss them already!!
I have spent many afternoons playing confusing card games with them , which was cool because I got it in the end!!
Anyway this will be a short post because I am off to Kat (another volunteer)'s orphanage today
okay so byeeeeeee

Comments

Popular Posts