Land of a thousand hills

Wow !
So I am finally here! I have been here 24 hours and I have had the most amazing 24 hours of my life!!!
The other volunteers are so so so nice! I am emailing from the Faith victory association head office , because thats where you go apparently for really slow internet! There's a worker here with the most gorgeous baby girl ever so I gave her a beanie! It looked so cute, our place we are staying at is suprisingly clean,spacious homely and quite cute! There is a 'security' guy called Vallence who doesn't understand a word we say (and the other way round too)! And I gave him a beanie too and he was really happy with it and didn't take it off and he looked so sweet with it on! There is also two housekeepers Florence and Consolee , and they are very sweet too I am going to church on Sunday with Consolee and with Narda another very nice volunteer who I share my room with!! There are a lot of women who carry fruit on their heads! And their babies tied around their back with a shawl , I had to take pictures and give kisses , of course! I went to the Rwanden genocide museum which was very thought provoking! Yesterday when driving around town with our 'driver' Johnny Bosco( who I have taught to say 'cheers mate'' with a thumbs up ), me and Narda were yelling out Muraho , (which is hello in the local language kinyarwanda) and maara mooitse (good morning) to the local street people and these boys were so excited they ran after us yelling muraho and waving and smiling, narda took a picture as proof!
It is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so amazing and awesome here!!!
I am doing lots of exciting things like getting my hair braded and doing basket weaving classes with women who participate in the gender based violence groups where they learn how to have a trade so they can earn money for there families, and maybe tomorrow we go on a safari! On Monday I start working with the street boys! I have seen a lot of poverty and the miserable looking slums, there was even a beggar with one leg and people trying to sell you their own sunglasses and little boys employed to stand on street corners selling mobile phones!
Anyway I better go now, I am going with alex and narda to the local market and they've been waiting a while!!!!!!!
Mwirirwe (Good afternoon) from rwanda!
Hope all is well !

Comments

Popular Posts