genocide week and marriage proposals

hey all.
I have had so many messages to say people are following my blog!yayyyyy!!! A few want to donate money towards the project , I think it best that the money gets put on my account (which is a visa) which I can easily withdraw in an atm here. Then we can see what we can do , I am not quite sure what my account number is , but if you want ring my mum and ask her as it is on the pinning board . This will be a short blog on account of it being nearly ten minutes left and it being almost dinner time! Well , where can I start? I have had the most amazing week ever! On Saturday I went on a safari!! And I saw tonnes of animals which we got very close to and Johnny Bosco who drives for the Fva (the organisation I am working for) he drove us and he is very sweet so we were allowed to leave the car, which was awesome because apparently on safaris you are never allowed to leave the car!! I really love giraffes they are very gentle and beautiful creatures.On the way toothe safari our tyre became flat , and we still had 5 km or so before we reached the park so Bosco spent half an hour fixing it saying he didn't want our help 'nakibaso' (no problem) and so me and narda spent that time doing jumping photos!haha! I have made so many photos , and today at the orphanage I brought my camera for the first time and one boy Emmanual who is 12 is a real photographer and so he took my camera and I got it back within a few minutes with about 50 extra pictures taken! haha ! This week commemorates the first week of the genocide that took place 16 years ago. We had the day off last wednesday and we all went to the stadium where there was a huge genocide memorial, it was absolutley heart breaking because people all over the stadium started breaking down , and started wailing and screaming as if they were too be murdered, they were carried out kicking and screaming from the stadium, the looks of anguish on their faces as they remembered perhaps even felt what they had gone through will always haunt me. NEVER AGAIN!! On friday after sorting out my visa I went with narda and another volunteer ryan to the nyamata church where over 10,000 tutsis had been murdered and they were betrayed by their own priests! The clothing of the victims as well as skulls etc we viewed respectfully!
It was very very very sad. On a much lighter note, I recieved my first marriage proposal today (!) by a boy called Jean paul from the orphanage! He is 19 and quite the ladies man he said he loved me so much and he wanted to marry me and did I have a boyfriend and were we getting married?. I thought it was extremely funny! but politely refused saying it shouldn't be about the outside (I am a muzunga - a white which is the reason why he wanted to marry me) but about the inside!!
Anyway I have to go now so bye all hope you have a great day!!

Comments

Popular Posts