Murabeho Rwanda

Murabeho means goodbye forever or for a long time, even though I really would love to return next year , things don't always go as they are planned, and Rwanda is also an incredibly long time away, so it really is Murabeho Rwanda.
I have 3 more sleeps in Rwanda then off to Holland!!!
I won't continue my blog when I go to Holland because a lot of the stuff happening to me won't really interest anyone anymore! I am right now on the interne(of course) and going to go see my children again this evening because we are having a party! Were having fizzy drink , and lollies and chips and chocolate and biscuits!!!! And a photographer is coming!!!! And they are all getting pictures with me!!
It will be so much fun, and its meant to be a suprise, one of my boys is turning 18 and we're all going to suprise him! Can't wait!Two boys D'amoure and Elias are helping me with the arrangements and we managed to sneak 4 crates of 24 glass bottles filled with fizzy drink down from the shop , by the road down to the orphanage! This weekend was quiet but I did go to Kimironko and visit a widows from the genocide'' village where we visited a friend of one of the volunteers who was also volunteering there and it was his last day there so a show was put on of traditional dancing ,it was a lot of fun , I also went to the market and took Eric who works there out for a fanta, which he really enjoyed! When I said goodbye to my little friend, hes probably 13, I gave him a huge hug on the street and everyone whistled at us and shouted things it was quite funny. Eric and I have been good friends from the beginning of my stay in Rwanda and I visit him often! Another friend I have made is Dino and he lives on the street, his mother is dead and his father is crazy and unable to support Dino, so Dino waits for me at the bus stop and I go buy him breakfast and give him some money, today he was waiting for me and I took a moto instead because I had a lot of stuff to carry but fortunately another volunteer who was visiting for the day came later and dino ran to her and said where is Kim? So she bought him some food!
Anyway I have to go buy some cake, I am keeping myself busy these next few days and then before I know it I will be on the plane to Holland, ready to convince every single capable person to go to africa or anywhere really and to volunteer because it has been the best experience in my whole life! The amount I have grown, the amount I have learnt, the amount I have experienced is more than in my whole life time . There is so much you can do for people here, just a warning though if you do consider working at an orphanage be prepared to have your heart broken , those children will be so hard to leave I can't even explain the love I feel for them all.
If you want to contact me just email me , but for now Murabeho! Rwanda and children of Gikondo orphanage Murabeho , I'll see you again someday d.v.

Comments

Popular Posts