The good , the bad and the ugly

Well when you have been in a country , you begin to notice that good the bad and the ugly, in my case I think I see much more good than any of those last two...
This week there have been examples so far of all three, the good- the children at the orphanage and all that they do . Seriously this week I have had both feet tatooed with pen by Angel , done bracelet swaps all week with Rodgas (15), played endless card games with Leah, Mohammed, Emmanuael , Ive (a boy ive!!!!), listened to Rwandese radio with many children , taught Musa times tables, and chucked a bucket of water over Vincent...
The bad... well I found out that one of the boys from the orphanage was lying to me about his backround saying he was an orphan of the genocide , when really he was a street boy who ran away from his mother when she remarried.
The ugly.. well I feel that there is a bit of corruption within the orphanage, the lady who runs the orphanage and has since the beginning, has no real love for the chidren and they have no love for her , her own children are treated like royalty compared to the children of the orphanage and I have a funny gut feeling that she is not to be trusted...
However whatever corruption and lies are told will and can never make me feel any different about -here we go again- 'my'' children!My boys Rodgas and Musa , Shemma, Mohammed, Nicholas, Christiaan , Elias, Dámoure , Moses, Vincent, Noel and Moise are the sweetest guys ever. My girls; Nadine, Angel , Mukashemma, Leah, Kezia, Lilliane, Janine , Mami, Dorcase, Keza are so much fun!!!
I can't imagine my life before them , what was it .. ahh school , work , drving my car, doesn't sound that interesting or meaningful to me really...
Yesterday I went to the Kimirongho market, its just down the road and open every day , and sells everything you could ever want in the world, from phone cards, to hair cuts, to seamstresses who sit at the ends of the rows sewing bags and mending clothes etc, to shoe makers, to jewellery stands, to peanuts and potatoes, I had only been once before but everyone remembered me saying you will come again soon right?? There was a lot of cries of sister ,come buy! Sister Sister, welcome to America and give me a job? (thats rwandese for can I hold your bag for you and you will pay me 200 franks).. on the way walking home there were at least 3 people that stopped to say hello , they looked familiar but I couldn't place them , I figure I probably sat and talked with them on the bus once, since I make at least one new 'friend'on the bus everyday, and the scary thing is they remembered my name and I am like hiiiii , pretending to be very enthusiastic , but am really thinking shooot where do I know them from?? I met a lady called Hope yesterday who is a pastor, and has some of the best english I have heard come from the mouth of a Rwandese, she lives just down the road from me so I might come round and say hello.
Anyway my children call, as does my 2km walk (to the orphanage)
good bye and I will post something soon when I have something interesting to say
xoxo kimu

Comments

Popular Posts