Crazy crazy crazy

Well, usually I love being crazy , acting crazy ,having a crazy scedule , everybody else being crazy. Now I am over it. So many people (visitors) so many things happening , one group of visitors left today , now we have 7 belgian people and two dutch people and us volunteers here. At then end of the week there will be a huge exodus of people . Maybe things will go back to what they were. It has been very fun having visitors though  , yesterday there was a big soccer tournament,we won't talk about how my team 'Bieber fever'  , of whom I was number one fan , went. I went on holiday with three girls to Nyungwe national park .It was very nice in the beginning , we saw monkeys and the beautiful tea plantations and the rain forest . Something terrible happened though , and for privacy reasons I can't explain what , so we had to cut our holiday short. While we were looking at the monkeys we were attacked by killer ants, at first I thought it was just prickles where we were standing ,  but I couldn't see any, and then one of the girls screamed 'Ants!!!'. We all started screaming and jumping up and down frantically trying to get rid of the ants that were biting us .. half and hour later I was still fishing them out of my top and we felt phantom ants everywhere! I now know what 'ants in your pants' means, trust me when I say it isn't a lot of fun . Later that night while taking a shower we were electrocuted by the shower knob to turn on the water  , one of the girls came out shaking like a leaf pale , and said she had been badly shocked several times . So we and the hotel manager tested the knobs , I got an enormous shock also , yet the two other girls felt nothing and they were feeling it at the same time! Later on one of those girls got badly shocked when she was taking a shower . The same girl also got sick. So all in all it was probably the  worst holiday you could ever have, on top of missing my kids at the orphanage sooo much, the 5 hour bus ride from kigali, but most especially the awful thing I can't talk about .

I am super happy to be back in Noel. The first morning back I was grinning from ear to ear, saying over and over  'Indeshymwe' , I am happy , I am happy. It took almost two hours to greet everyone! such a huge place , and I still have so many names to learn. Last week I also spent more days away from the orphanage , I went with Nicole , and Noella to the fancy new hospital near Lake Burera ...It was a super beautiful ride, Noella was in quite a lot of pain  , but at then end of the trip she forgot about her pain and wanted to race all the other vechiles on the road, saying go faster go faster... When she was at the hospital they treated her with malnutrition , she had a fever , she was dehydrated , and most likely depressed , on top of what she had (she had leprosy but the pain was not coming from leprosy but from noritis , which is her body reacting to the leprosy) , there were two amaerican doctors and we had dinner with them. Nicole, the chauffuer (from the orphanage) , and I stayed in a pub room , the only place to stay within an hour radious. We didn't get a lot of sleep because it was very noisy , but at least the bed was clean and there were no scary animals in the room. The next day we spent time with Noella, I was starting to get incredibly homesick for Noel , then the chuaffeur needed to go back To Noel , and the next available car would come two days later to pick up Noella. I had things to do at Noel so I returned . Nicole stayed with Noella two extra nights.When Noella came back , she was thriving , she had gained weight because of the nutty butty bars she was taking (loaded in calories especially for children with malnutririon)  , and was glowing . What a few extra pain killers can do , is crazy. We are still waiting to hear about any other medications we should be giving Noella, as they are examining her data in the U.S. Noella is so good now that she has moved out of the clinic and into her old bed in the girls dorm.Amazing the power of the mind. I am so thankful that she is so well, I hope it remains this way and that it only gets better.

Today the children put on a show because the Point foundation was leaving . There were 8 people in the point foundation team this time , two of them kids, they were all very amazing passionate people. Last night we were treated to dinner at a Hotel by them , and we heard about all the exciting plans for the future. Its great to know there are so many people that care about the NOEL as much as I do. The show was really great  , there was presentations of computer certificates for the older boys and girls who had done computer classes with Clever, one of the older orphans who studies computer science at school. There was the acrobatic boys , and of course drumming and tradtional dancing . We all were forced to join in .  I cannot dance , but luckily one of the men from the point foundation was dancing so hilariously that everyone was distracted from the rest of us to laugh at/with him .

In Kigali , I went to visit My friend Hope who I met last year, she has a school for the poor children , I gave her some money to paint and plaster the mud school room , and bought the children some chairs, its great to be spending all the money that people donated to me , for the poor kids. Hope was super happy, it was also great to see her youngest son Jonathon again , he is 8 and soooo cute, he is also fuent in english and a genius. All of Hopes children are smart one of her sons is in Scotland having got a scholarship and he was second in  Rwanda in chemistry and biology , her other son is in America also with a scholarship and also got some of the best marks in the country. I have no doubt that Hope makes an excellent teacher if you have anything to judge her children on..

Tonight I will teach my final p6 english class , there national examination is tomorrow. I hope my efforts have paid off...
I must go back before it rains again. I do not want to get caught in a Rwanden rain storm  ,they are craaaazy!
love keza



Comments

  1. Hi Kim ... just catching up on reading your blog. You are in our thoughts and prayers - Rawanda is lucky to have you there! May you continue to be a blessing.. much love, Wouter, Anneke and the kids

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts