All good things

All good things come to an end , except in heaven ,of course. So my trip to Rwanda is getting closer and closer to its end. This last week has been busy and stressful and a bit dissapointing : not enough sleep , loosing the final of the football , running in the rain , traffic delays , running around like a loony , not been the best week I have had here , but still I have thoroughly enjoyed myself !Where else in the world would I ever be cool enough to be the team mascot.. ?It was so much fun wearing the Noel orphanage shirt and getting a standing ovation from the 400 strong crowd plus football players because I ran on the field (trying to take a team picture I'll have you know!). That will never happen at home. Unfortunately. Fortunately.Where else do I get such gorgeous messages and presents from the kids because I  am leaving ( althoug some messages have actually been quite disturbing...) and where else in the world does my heart fill with joy every time I walk out of  my front door ...? I have been ever so blessed in this trip to Rwanda . I have been kept safe, healthy and happy and very loved. I have never felt alone . I have never had fear and I have never felt rejected. This trip has been such a blessing, do I want to go ? No . I would change my ticket and stay here until my visa runs out but unfortunately that is a lot of money .. too much for me . when will I come back? I don't know! Does anybody want to help me with saturday morning barbeques at the warehouse to raise money for my trip? Because this is the only way I can see me coming back here soon..  A few things I am looking forward to at home , besides the obvious things like family, friends, youth group are ; not having to wash clothes by hand, not having funny rashes, macdonalds, meat, chicken , did I mention meat , lollies , many food things, oh yeah and meat , oh and I forgot to mention meat , and not having to swallow pills with breakfast, oh yeah and meat you get the drift. The things I wll miss from here will take up the whole page or more , all 600 children , plus my friends around rwanda , many workers at the orphanage , my friends fom the village, my work here , slow and easy life, no plans , my phone constantly ringing , romantic text messages at night from various people (haha), and so many more things.. Thanks for following my blog , Imana Iguhe Umugisha. God Bless you
sawa sawas,
keza

Comments

Popular Posts