papa keza is in the house!

This has to be a quick blog post because I just snuck out some of the older kids out of the orphanage (shhhh don't tell anyone) into Gisenyi and they are waiting for me so that we can go to see the beautiful Lake . Dad is here .He had a good flight  , and has already been dragged into doing many things such as getting his hair shaved off ,playing football and entertaining 45 children at once. Oh yes and my dad is actually a good cook ,I discovered , which is a bonus for me! Sooo there are many children coming and going  , its all a bit upsetting for me , they are going to university  ,coming back from school or going on holiday with their extended family .. I had to say goodbye to my beloved Olivier , lilliane, honoline and Alice this week . As well as not say goodbye to many others who left so quickly without saying goodbye. Its sad to see them go .Many times (okay all the time) I wish I was here for a year  ,or longer, so that when they come back from holiday I will see them again.. Unfortunately I have to go and the time is growing nearer and nearer. Every day I think I am going to return to this place for a long time  , but how is this possible ? I know I will have to study hard and get a sensible degree and try to get a job for an organisation in Rwanda.. for me that seems the only way I can return.. Or I  could marry a Rwanden of course but that would mean he would have to support me income wise , and as an independent woman I don't think I would jump for joy about that.This last week has been busy preparing for my father to come  , hyping up the kids(it doesn't take much ) , then trying to get them off their high , also playing a lot of basketball and swedish handball with the kids , for some reason every day that I wear a long skirt which is super uncomfortable to run in , the kids beg me to play , and they aways fall about laughing seeing me hitching up my skirt every minute to run playing basketball , they say I look like Dory , one of the special needs women. I am really excited about a class I am going to do twice a week with the senior girls in vocabulary and pronunciation of English , so far I have taught many boys and now I will branch out to the girls which will be good. Also I joined in the soccer game with the older boys , kicked the ball twice I am proud to say.. afterwards I said I am very bad at football , Dominic one of my favorites here said you were not very bad , only a little bad.. Thanks! I am glad Dad is here because he backed me up when I said that I could drive a car and a scooter, the kids didn't believe me  (they also didn't believe that I could ride a bike or cook and I proved them wrong many times) I was the day in Kigali with Dad and took him around everywhere , I also burnt my other leg on the moto , so now I have matching scars on both legs, I officially get a scar on every overseas trip I have been on..I stayed the night at my friend Hope it wasn't a good sleep as everyone got up at a quarter to five and made a lot of noise..this will be a short post , but I will try to fill you in on all the exciting going ons at NOEL orphanage
from Keza
p.s Simba the cat that we have been looking after got kittens  , three ,and they are so cute.. one of the kids Innocent has taken them under his wing and is looking after them like a mother , so cute!

Comments

Popular Posts