return to rwanda. a dream come true

Ever since last years amazing trip to rwanda I have done nothing but dream , think , day dream , plan and scheme on coming back . and I am pleased to say that I have been greatly blessed and will be leaving in less than a month on september the 5th to go to my beloved Rwanda again . I will be volunteering at Noel orphanage, and orphanage with around 600 children in the district of Gisenyi ,which is by the beautiful lake kivu , and close by the border of the treacherous Congo. Going to Rwanda for the second time brings a whole lot of different emotions than last time. I know what to expect and I am so so excited. I picture the moment when I come walking down the hill on the day that I arrive down to the orphanage filled with the kids that I love so much and giving them an awesome suprise, I can't wait to give them all big kisses and hugs and tell them how much I have missed them. Even though I won't be volunteering them I plan to visit them often , and tell them how much I love them . A sad moment last year was when I recieved an email from Elias one of the orphans who said that every time they saw a plane in the sky the kids would sing a song in kinyarwanden that they had made up themselves saying crazy Kimu we don't know if we will ever see you again . The Lord Willing I will. I initially worried that they wouldn't remember me I would be one of the white aid workers that passed throught their orphanage but I have had quite a lot of contact with the orphans which show that I have not been forgotten . Also I think How can they have forgotten me if they are on my thoughts every day? I will be going to rwanda for 3 months, dad will be coming for the last month , which will be awesome because I remember thinking the whole time I was there dad would love this , dad would absolutely love this. I hope he can help a lot of the older boys at the orphanage and teach them all that he knows, and can do odd jobs. I am not sure yet what my role will be I suspect that it will be something similar to what I did last year , a bit of everything. I think I would want to work with the toddlers there are over one hundred of them and they need all the love and attention that they can get, also hopefully I will be living at the guest house on sight and there will be no restriction to my volunteering hours so I can volunteer from 6 am to 9pm if I want all week, I doubt that I have enough energy for that :) but I will definietely try. Further more I want to visit friends, start up projects, visit loval projuects, meet new people , explore the country of Rwanda, go to the places only locals know about , and help as many people as I can.
I can't wait!
I hope you all follow my blog again this year , that saves me having to give updates to many individual people
Imana Iguhe Umugisha (GOD bless you)
Love Kim(u)

Comments

Popular Posts